Thursday, April 11, 2013

Projects in Progress


These sweet little "shoofly" blocks are one of my current projects (wonder how many projects I am working on.......don't dare to count!) for Jo Morton's Little Women Club.  My sample is made and the components for the other 17 blocks are all neatly packed in the little box waiting for me to find TIME!!  I'll show you the little quilt when I finish it!


 
These next two blocks are the last of the 36 needed for my "Hope" quilt.  Stars are handpieced but the remainder of the quilt will be machine-pieced.  Hope to work on it this coming Sunday!  

Another bunch of Railfence blocks done!  Using these as my "Leaders and Enders" but after 4 rails were attached, I just finished them!  Sometimes I like to just sit and piece blocks!!
Another little quilt from the past.....pattern is by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.....Courthouse Steps in browns and shirtings.  I made kits for this quilt .....kit will make THREE of these little quilts (21" x 28") or a 36 block quilt (42" x 42").  I hand-quilted this little quilt in concentric squares along the center of the logs.......made it in 2006 and remember quilting it as I recovered from a terrible cold.........haven't had a cold since!! 
/




12 comments:

  1. Love it all Cyndi! The stars for your Hope quilt are wonderful... isn't it fun to hand piece? I find it so relaxing. Your Railfence blocks are so perfectly scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be wonderful if quilting were the long-sought-after cure for the common cold! How perfect! I love all your projects! And that little shoofly is the cutest dang thing ever! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndi your shoofly block is just too cute for words! Can't wait to see them all together. I remember when you made the courthouse steps quilt and I love it still as much now. Quilting as a cure for the common cold, what a great thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cyndi,
    Your little shoofly block is so precious! Love your small rail blocks too!
    Happy Spring!
    Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving on all the projects you are working on and the ones finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all but especially the brown Court House Steps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the projects you are working on and quite often I also like to just sit and stitch particularly when I should be pattern writing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love all you do.
    Debbie K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do it all in my style and my favorite fabrics! It's such a joy to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are working on the cutest projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great line up of projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If only I lived closer to come and stitch with you, Cyndi. There is nothing you make that I don't love and wouldn't want to make as well. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete