Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Working on Quilt for Shophop..........



Working on the April Shophop Quilt.....will be late......deadline is tomorrow and I will miss it!  But it will be done by April 1 when it Really Counts!   Making 3" Eight-Point star cornerstones......two done and two for this evening......well, probably will only finish one......am pretty slow hand-piecing!  
Using the "Hamilton" part of the line from Windham Fabrics for this quilt......it has some absolutely gorgeous and accurate fabrics!!  



Found this pattern w/templates recently.......love it!  I remember when the "Star a Day" challenge occurred a couple years ago......



New fabrics arrived recently...."Bally Hall" from Di Ford.......Very Nice Birds and Florals .......think "broderie perse"!       She also has a new book due soon from Quiltmania!


Added a few Di Ford's "Giggleswick" fabrics to what I already had.....some blend well with "Bally Hall"........

Always need backgrounds......I personally like "busy" backgrounds....so here is Carlisle by Kathy Hall for Andover.



And likewise for "Pondicherry" backgrounds from French General (Moda)!


Also got labels for those making Quilts of Valor.......


And I could not resist the Eagles.......love watching Eagle Webcams .......babies are now hatching in MN........Decorah Iowa has two webcams with babies due in a little while!  What a privilege to be able to see nature up close and personal!  

We are in the midst of a  Spring Blizzard today!  Wind is howling and snow is blowing!    We are cozy and warm with the woodstove!  Cleaning out will take place tomorrow!  Snowplow and snowblower will make quick work of it.....and then it will Melt Away to Green Spring!!  Am looking forward to the Daffodils!!

11 comments:

  1. Where did you buy the star pattern w/ templates? That would be right up my alley for hand work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the Etsy shop of Minick and Simpson....saw a link somewhere....already forgot where! Wish I had seen it a long time ago! So much more accurate to use than the templates I made myself from template plastic!!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous fabrics! That Carlisle....swoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love using those tans for backgrounds for both piecing and applique!

      Delete
  3. I'll bet those templates are helpful making those stars! Really sweet little cornerstone blocks!
    Love the parade of new fabrics--beautiful stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I had found those templates a long time ago....so much easier to draw the seam line INSIDE the template rather than outside on the plastic templates I had made. I remember the Star a Day QAL but did not know that Karen Styles had made the pattern/template set for it.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I can't wait to get there! Can you save me 3 yards each of Di's border prints? I'm sure I'll want more, but I know how busy you are getting ready for shop hop. I'll be there on the 1st. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyndi!! Those Di Ford fabrics are amazing!! I definitely need some... not as much as Wendy, though.
    Maybe 2 yds of the bird/flower main fabric and half yd of the others, both colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree that carlisle is gorgeous....can't wait to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is awesome and very informative keep Sharing this type of blog.

    ทางบ้าน

    ReplyDelete