Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Finished Something! Well.....almost

This is my quilt for the Maine Shophop in April, using "Hamilton" by Windham Fabrics.  I think I will call it "Eliza" for Alexander Hamilton's wife who lived into her 90's.  The Medallion-style is in keeping with the early 1800's time period.  Working on the binding today after my friend Nena quilted it for me........



 Pam Buda very generously shared her new Shirtings line with me......oh.....now what to make?!?!  It feels so good to be done with the shophop quilt but I can't decide what to work on now......at least it will be leisurely!!  Will wait until more of her fabrics arrive I think............



And speaking of Pam, I will be offering her "Tokens of the Past" Autumn Sampler.  Marcus Brothers has kindly put together the fabrics for the three darling, colorful little quilts from her new line "On Maple Lake".



Just when I resolve not to become involved in anything new, Something catches my eye!  This book contains the patterns (by Carol Hopkins and Linda Koenig) for 182 Rectangular Blocks that we will be using as a BOM starting in August.  Will be using Judie Rothermel's new line, "American Swatch Card".  


Recent new fabric arrivals include "Sweet Cherry Wine" by Blackbird Designs.  Loverly Toiles!  Precuts are Layer Cakes and 5" Charms.....



Nice long-tailed bird!




There are two more lighter toiles that I did not photograph separately ....one light green and one tan, both on off-white background. 





This line is what I call "loosely reproduction"....not marketed as reproduction but it really looks like it, both in design and colors!   And here is another surprising line, "Bee Inspired" by Deb Strain (both lines are from Moda).  Nice Jacobean-style florals, ferns and butterflies that could be used for Broderie Perse applique! Mustard yellow background seems to be popular this year!  I feel we are seeing fewer reproductions and surely hope that is not a trend!  Very Sorry to learn that Barbara Brackman is retiring from printing fabric  (sob-sob) as when her current fabrics on 3 fabric racks are gone, there will be no more!!  However, we all must make that decision to retire at one point or another!  I call myself "semi-retired" as my shop is open only 4 days a week......







Lastly, this is a baby quilt for great-granddaughter Madilyn (lives in Maine!). Looking forward to getting it together so I will have a handquilting project for quiet evenings.....REALLY will look forward to those until May 1 as I will need to have the shop open Every Day in April for the Maine shophop!!

Yes, she is already six months old so I am behind.......again!!


Other great-granddaughter, Penny (lives in Florida), is 7 months old..........her quilt was late too!  She will be visiting in June!!  Her Mom too.

I have really reached the end!  Thought I was done several photos ago, but keep thinking of something else!  The End.

10 comments:

  1. Your shop hop quilt is wonderful, Cyndi!
    I am really looking forward to Pam's shirtings, and the On Maple Lake line. Have loved the last two lines of cheddars and plums. The small prints are great for minis!
    I don't think I have seen the book of the 4x5" blocks. Interesting concept.
    Those bird toiles are lovely.
    Your posts could go on forever, as far as I am concerned. Love all the inspiration.
    But when you end with cute babies, I can handle that! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those toile are really lovely! Looks like some more great fabric lines coming out. Your grandbabies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet babies. Love the new toiles and broderie possibilities. Your new "Eliza" quilt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blackbird Designs never fail as far as I'm concerned. Love this new line!

    Sad to hear about Barbara Brackman's fabric retirement. Love her style. Glad I didn't read that she is retiring her blog. Always an interesting read.

    Those babies are precious. Love the head bands! It doesn't matter that the quilts are late. Just get them done when you can. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Eliza quilt is lovely, and the new fabrics are all beautiful, but those two babies are the best pics! SO SWEET! And that little Madilyn looks just like you! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eliza is beautiful--love it! I'm going to have to add some of Pam's shirtings to my stash--they look charming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm visiting Maine again this summer! A trip to your shop is #1 on my list of things to do. I hadn't heard about Barbara Brackman. Darn! I love her fabrics. Guess I better stock up. :) Cute pics of your granddaughters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet baby girls!!
    really lovely toiles. I would love to visit your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my those girls are cute! Need to see more photos on my next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely quilt with gorgeous fabrics! and such cute little babies....you are blessed cyndi!

    ReplyDelete