Monday, March 16, 2015

More Prussian Blue and a little Chrome Yellow!



Weather is getting warmer and the snow is melting!

More photos from the Prussian Blue exhibit at the New England Quilt Museum.  This is a large photographic rendition of a section of a wholecloth quilt.....pillar and eagles.  Really appreciate the curator, Pam Weeks, at the NEQM  allowing us to share the photos!





 These blocks and fabric samples are from a glass display case.  Love this block! 


Lovely 8-point stars................


Some folded blocks with a great variety of Prussian blues.



Sawtooth stars like we are making in Barbara Brackman's "Stars in a Time Warp".......just noticed the pink stripes and wonder if I was unconsiously  influenced in the star you will see below!


A little doll quilt and pillow.


Would love to own fabrics like these!





The next two quilts are something a bit different........photographs printed on fabric in a process called cyanotype which produces a Prussian Blue!






 I tried to choose the sharpest photos but could not resist this trio of kittens even tho it was not in good focus!


This quilt tells an interesting story!




And here are my latest blocks from last week's "chrome yellow" color selection. Until I posted it,  I did not realize the Prussian blue Sawtooth block in one of the photos above had the exact pink stripe (off grain) that I used!!  The block on the left uses 9 of the 10 chrome yellows from Windham's "Colonies" line from a few years ago.

Wonder what this week's color will be?  

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for all of these informations about Prussian blue ! And you found the same Chrome yellow as BB !!
    Lucky you ! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Prussian blue color and the history behind it is fascinating!

      Delete
  2. Nice post! Sure wish Lowell was closer to home! Love your yellow stars. I used the last of my "Christmas lights" yellow. Wish they would reprint that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice prussian blue photos....will miss the museum when i am down south.....and cute star blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least we will still be able to keep in touch after you move!

      Delete
  4. Lovely exhibit! Your yellow blocks are fantastic too. I was just wondering yesterday what color we'd be investigating this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be interesting to see just How Many Colors there will be! Isn't this QAL supposed to go to the end of the year? Still over 30 weeks to go!

      Delete
  5. I am truly enjoying this quilt along of Barbara's as well. Since I am quite color blind (okay I'm out...) I invariably need my husband to help me at times...he steers me in the right direction and then I choose and cross my fingers we are both in agreement on my final selections. I really appreciate all the blogs such as your own and Humble Lori for your input as well. I know there are many others out there doing a great job of it as well. Today while at my favorite quilt shop, Two Thimbles I will be looking for the overdyed greens with the help of others in my class. Green happens to be one of my real problem colors...sorry TMI I know..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be in Washington! I have a friend who visited the Two Thimbles shop and loved it! Good luck with the search for the green....if you can't find any, I have some ......got the Bella solid Barbara suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the info here.
    Had to laugh about Mosquito Pond now being called Crystal Lake.
    Beautiful yellow stars, Cyndi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was quite a hermit! Your blocks are beautiful and thank you for sharing the cyanotype print photos; I'd not heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete