Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Half-Square Challenge

From Jo Morton's Little Women Club, this is my version......wanted to do a little study of madders and shirtings instead of the pink/brown that Jo did....not that I don't like pink/brown!  Also made my blocks 2" instead of the 1-1/4" so I would have a larger quilt.  May do another with the smaller blocks but very scrappy with leftovers!  Probably wishful thinking!  So busy this time of year preparing for the two summer quilt shows that I do, plus this year, my friend and I are co-curating Maine Quilt Heritage shows for both MaineQuilts2011 and New England Quilt Museum!  Anyway, back to the HST Challenge........The quilt, batting and backing are ready for layering so I just turned the backing over to lay the quilt on so the batting would not show in the photo.....that created a dilemma!  I had not intended to attach a border and now I think it looks good with a border!  Oh what to do!  I'd have to cut another larger backing........don't really want to do that....well, I'll just add a piece if I decide to do the border.  I first pin-baste my quilts and then either machine-quilt (in the ditch) or machine-baste for handquilting.  This one is likely to be machine-quilted in diagonal rows as that is the only "ditch" I have.....I pressed open all the other seams.

7 comments:

  1. beautiful!
    I like it with a border!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndi,
    Love your quilt. l made one similar recently with the Spice chest range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt with the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The border is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty quilt - love the warm colors, makes me want to dig in my cheddars and madders...you're inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the border very much. I did a hst quilt from the Spice Chest line and also a pink and brown throw size that I had hand quilted. I love both of them and see more in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely colours. As I wrote to you, these collections was out before I was able to purchase Andover fabrics.

    ReplyDelete