Wednesday, May 18, 2011

An afternoon's Work


Doesn't look like much was accomplished, but it was fun while listening to a audiobook from a favorite author!  Chose the fabrics for the next little quilt in my shop's Jo Morton Club.  My twelve little 3" stars will be brown and tans. Made two of those just to see how they look!  Usually make more than I need in case I don't like one or one doesn't come right.  Then, made another 3" star of a slightly different style from "Country Threads Goes to Charm School"...there will be sixteen of these using an older Civil War line of Barbara Brackman's....."Climbing Jacob's Ladder".  Made another log cabin block.......MANY MANY MORE to go before I have enough for my quilt!  Sometimes I just feel like making one tho I usually chain-piece about 36 at a time!  Also in the photo is my "Leaders and Enders" project of a 25-Patch of 1" squares.....started putting pairs together to make Fours and then I will just add either a colored square or a muslin (Jo's "linen-look" from Crimson & Clover) to one end and the rows will be ready to construct the blocks!  This project is inspired by a quilt in Judie Rothermel's "Reproduction Quilts from the Civil War Era".....probably won't make it exactly like hers!  Don't we often change patterns to suit ourselves!

2 comments:

  1. Those fabrics look delicious. I need a chocolate truffle brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those stars! Gosh I wish I lived near you!

    ReplyDelete