Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Distress It!!!


Made this little 4-Patch quilt (2" blocks) from charm squares of the New England Quilts from Olde Sturbridge Village collection by Curator Aimee Newell.  The Whites were way too White for me, so I used "Distress It" for the first time and am very happy with the results.  I sprayed lightly a couple times until I was happy with the color.  Check the Before and After photos!  "Distress It" is a spray that was recommended by Jo Morton, having been developed by a Rughooker to age her hooked rugs.  Am using a wonderful Pemberley floral (early 1800's reproduction fabric) for borders.  Plan to handquilt it and use wool batting.

2 comments:

  1. Love the change of character. I picked up some spray distressing from Primitive Gatherings, but have not tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little quilts you have posted today! How wonderful the spray worked. It really made the fabrics glow. Greetings from a springlike Norway

    ReplyDelete