Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowy Day in Maine and Much of the USA!!


Going through some old photos today while enjoying the peace and quiet of a day off due to Snow!!   This is a doll quilt that I reproduced from a baby quilt photo in "Small Endearments".  The center Toile is from the first Smithsonian line by RJR called "Rising Sun"...remember those great old fabrics!  I still have lots of the 4 Smithsonian lines as well as the 4 Shelburne lines and I still love them even after all these years of more and more wonderful reproduction fabrics being produced!!

4 comments:

  1. Another great little quilt! I am ashamed to say that my Smithsonian fabrics are still in the boxes that they were put in when new. You have inspired me to get it out and cut into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to enjoy your snow day! We got dug out today...and then I was too worn out to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, that toile is one of my treasures. I used up my blue version in a wedding present to a good friend. Still have some of the red I am hoarding;)The design of your quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your use of those Smithsonian fabrics. I've recently been adding to mine. I've used a little bit in one quilt and have another project for them on the planning board.

    ReplyDelete