Wednesday, November 7, 2018

What's New?

Received Pam Buda's new book shipment and am just as "wowed" by it as I thought I would be!  I might even be able to keep up with this program!     What a "novel" idea to name the quilts after 19th century books!  Pam's quilt ideas are fantastic as well as her machine quilter's talents!

Photo layouts are enticing and I can't wait to get started on Something!   (Likely the log cabin as I love them so much!).  And what a nice idea to include photos of the fabrics she used and the space for quilters to plan theirs!  The pattern instructions and the Quiltmaking Techniques are both her usual top-notch style and I am sure even beginners will easily make the designs!

Wendy Reed, the Constant Quilter, has already set up a monthly challenge here!!  Scroll to her Oct 16 entry.......no idea why I can't change font!


"Spice It Up" by Jo Morton is here...........a few bolts, fat quarter bundles, and 5" charms.






Next up from Jo is "Hickory Road" due in January.....ordered the whole line of typical  Civil War era reds and browns madder prints.....no photo yet.   Colors are much brighter than the photos show!


Below are 5 bolts from "Sequoia" by Edyta Sitar.....could not resist her birds!




Fat quarter bundles of "Something Blue" also by Edyta Sitar!


This is an antique doll quilt offered on eBay a while back....went for a lot of $ as I recall!  Seller was from Portland,Maine.

Loved it...so reproduced it as well as I could trying to match fabric for fabric!  This log cabin variation is sometimes called "Housetop".


Handquilted down the center of each log.  

Not much sewing got done around here this summer..........it was hotter/more humid than it has been in a long time and with my sewing room on the second floor, it was too hot to work there!  So I missed my girl......we've been working together since 1990 and we are getting re-acquainted now.....latest sewing was tablerunners for my church craft fair Nov 17 and adding logs to my 6" log cabin blocks.  

I did spend time "Making Scraps" ....can't believe I was running low with 1" strips for my log cabin blocks....tying to do new fabrics as they come in and this winter will start on older fabrics in one of my closets in order to increase the variety..........love lotsa color!  Even Busy one might say!




From a 6-1/2" strip of each fabric, I cut two 6-1/2" squares, two 4" x 6-1/2" rectangles, four 1-1/2" strips and four 1" strips......just started cutting four instead of two as I was using them up too fast.....

See  Pam Buda's blog for another reason I have been busy with other things!  Little tiny Uneven 9-patch blocks for a quilt needing 500+ of them!  And to see a glimpse of her quilt and heaps of little blocks! Did find I took a photo back in April of probably the first batch of blocks I made!


Until next time.........................

4 comments:

  1. Your little doll quilt repro is very sweet! And those Edyta Sitar fabrics, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review of Pam's book. It is a fun one.
    Just visited the little quilt shop over the mountain today and came home with some half yard cuts of Spice It Up. Love these warm, Auntumn colors. But in one of your photos it appears that there is a purple stripe. Is that just the lighting, or is there a purple among the stripes. I didn't see any.
    Your reproduction of the doll quilt is spot on, Cyndi! Great job!!
    You are so organized with your creation of scraps for projects.
    I hope to get another row or two sewn for the Circa 1880 quilt, if live doesn't intervene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll make sure to let people know you have Pam's book. I was thinking I might even make a challenge to Kaleidoscope members although I don't hold much hope for them! Love the new fabrics. Cannot wait to come up!!! Your little repro mini is fabulous! I guess now that the cat is out of the bag I need to post my little blocks as well. Haven't noticed if Janet has yet. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely new fabric on the horizon!!
    Love your little reproduction quilt.

    ReplyDelete