Friday, April 29, 2016

Catching Up



A few of the 6" potholder blocks that I am working on for the Antique Exhibit at the Maine Quilt Show in July.  We are making small quilts inspired by antique quilts.  The block on the left was just finished, the block in the middle is ready to quilt, and the one on the right is ready to bind.  I try to keep blocks at various stages so I will always have something to work on!  Time is getting short and I have a ways to go, BUT the hard blocks (except for one) are done and I have only easier ones left.  Row 1 will be done soon so I can sew it together and make it feel like I really am  making progress!!







My zigzag quilt (for want of a better name), similar to the Mystery Quilt shown in my last post about our visit to Old Sturbridge Village.  The  Mystery to me of how to put this together may have been solved!  Kim O'Mallon sent me this link after my posting last month.   If anyone tries it, let us know how it worked out! 






Got this new book recently "Treasures from the Barn" by Linda Collins from Australia.  She has patterned many quilts from her antique collection, and they are Wonderful!  Highly recommend owning this book!



Love these three quilts!  The brown fabric squares in the quilt below was reproduced by Moda around 1998 by Sharon Newman.  I have it in a burgundy red ...do not remember if there were other colors.






Will Always Love Medallion style quilts!!  Linda made a halfsize copy of this Medallion using Mary Koval's fabrics that is gorgeous!


And, of course, small pieces and many different fabrics in one quilt are another Favorite!!  



New fabrics have finally started arriving!  Di Ford's Giggleswick has been delayed a month.  But I do have two new Judie Rothermel lines: "Old Sturbridge Village 25th Anniversary" and "Macie's Journal". Also bolts from "Provencale" by Kathy Hall from Andover, based on a very early scrap of French fabric that is so boldly colorful you'll find it hard to believe!   Also have "Sourthern Exposure" by the incomparable Edyta Sitar!  And, oh, can't forget "Ville Fleurie" by French General.....gorgeous reds and purples!  Think we were told back in our childhoods that red and purple did not "go together" but I think you will see that they indeed do!!!  LOL

I will get the new fabrics posted as quickly as I can on the shop Facebook page!!


19 comments:

  1. Your potholders look wonderful! I look forward to seeing it all together. The zigzags are intriguing - thanks for them link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to be disciplined about working only on the potholder blocks until the quilt is finished....and I NEVER do that! It's hard for me!

      Delete
  2. Oh those blocks are so fabulous! I don't remember the broken dishes with red zigzag border from the other day, but I love it! Can't wait to get my Linda Collins book. Too bad we can't have her mini repro in the exhibit this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That block was in the hoop Tuesday so I did not bring it.....it was a challenge since it was a 6 inch Five Patch! Last night I made 16 hst's and that felt like a piece of cake! LOL

      Delete
  3. Cyndi, the potholder blocks look wonderful--beautifully quilted!
    The burgundy fabric is great--one of the many you have that I have never known! : )
    Looks like a really good book. I especially love the last page you show.
    A red and purple fabric collection sounds very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to finish putting the new fabrics up on the FB page......new camera photos are too big says FB (tho they took some of them!). Got out the old camera today......

      Delete
  4. I absolutely am in love with your potholder blocks! I can't believe they are only 6". I really like your zig zag quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took more photos of the zigzag quilt for next time.......

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much, Cyndi. Can't wait to see the new fabric lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely potholder blocks..the quilt will be a stunner I'm sure...oooh I love that bottom quilt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw the lovely basket quilt you made for Lori's DQ swap.....Very Nice!!

      Delete
  7. Your 6" blocks are gorgeous. Such tiny pieces. It's going to be awesome all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done all but one of the "hard ones" first and think I have the last one figured out......should be able to work faster from now on.......have to.....time is drawing close!!

      Delete
  8. Cute little potholder quilts! Wish I was closer to Maine- I'd come and see the show!
    The Provencale prints are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to take lots of photos to share! I've seen other little quilts that are coming along great!

      Delete
  9. So beautiful blocks,you quilt will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blocks! I'd like to get my hands on that new book. Look forward to seeing the new lines of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have that Sharon Newman leafy print in a dark green background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure wish I had it in brown.....don't even know if it came in brown!

      Delete