Sunday, April 19, 2015

Prussian Blue #4 and a little Insanity!

Loverly Sunday afternoon here in Maine....sun is shining, snow is mostly gone, green grass is growing, and the Daffodils are up!  One of my favorites, Lilacs, will be blooming fragrantly in a month or so!

More quilts from the New England Quilt Museum "Prussian Blue" exhibit!

Bethlehem Star, Lone Star, Mathematical Star, or whatever Star you prefer to call it!  Lovely eagle appliques in the corners....two with blue "rainbow" prints aka shaded Ombres.




Another Favorite Star Pattern.  I usually call it Ohio Star and love it in all sizes from 3" to 6"!   There are a couple glimpses of Printed Plaids.







Love the leaves (one my favorite fabric designs) in the photo below as well as the printed Prussian blue plaid and the glimpse of the border fabric on the right.
I should think about getting a new camera.....but this blurriness must be Operator Error!



Some designs were so unusual back in the day.....often wonder where their ideas came from.

Love a quilt using Lots of different fabrics for alternating blocks!  This one is particularly nice! IMHO





CloseUp of the border fabric.....French General made a similar one a while back.

The pattern for the quilt below is called "Grandmother's Pride".  Love the red sashing fabric with the circles.....reproductions have been made of it.







A Wholecloth Quilt made of striped fabric.





Sweet little doll quilt with cutouts for a four-poster doll bed.



Love "Lady of the Lake" Signature Quilt!  Guess it is called "Sawtooth" when only one row of half-sq triangles surround the four sides of the block?  I have a Sawtooth block quilt in Progress using the fabric and project sheet from a Long Time ago.....P&B's "1840's Birds and Basics" by Harriet Hargrave.  Really need to get back to that one of these days (and a few others also!)





Pinwheel Quilt made with gorgeous Prussian blues.  Nice clamshell quilting.









This quilt was not part of the Prussian Blue Exhibit but was displayed in the class/lecture room.  Of course it pulled Wendy and me right to it as we both love quilts with lots of colors and small pieces!  These are Really Small pieces.....each little square is 1/2" finished!!





Closeup of a two-color block that I used to make a pattern and get it straight in my head.  


This is my block and while I don't usually name quilts (or blocks), I am calling this one "Insanity".........will I make more, will I actually make a quilt?  Who knows, but I might make few blocks now and then while listening to audiobooks.

Speaking of audiobooks........just finished Ken Follett's "Pillars of the Earth" takes place in England in the 1100's and the sequel "World Without End" which follows a few generations later in the 1300's.  Hated for them to end even after 45 hours or so Each!  Will listen to them again someday.  John Lee is the reader and I like him as much as Scott Brick, David McCullah and Edward Herrman!!  

Will be back when I dream up something else outrageous!  Or, 
finish some Jane Stickle blocks!  Will announce a Giveaway soon .....something different this time!  Because I have Too Much Stuff!  Because I Save Too Much Stuff!  Don't know how to get over it!

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous post! I'm drooling over the Prussian blue ombre eagles. Yummidy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prussian blue is now a favorite color for me!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gracious! What a fun and tiny block! Why not??!!
    The prussian blue quilts are amazing. I never tire of seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love little pieces....even lots of little pieces making a fullsize quilt! Thinking about your little quilt swap......

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing these amazing pictures!! What fabulous quilts :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't seen an antique quilt exhibit yet that did not speak to me! I admire such fabulous quilts made with fabric, needles, thread, scissors and imagination.....not the tools, gadgets and patterns we have available today!

      Delete
  4. Great post! I'm so glad you shared your block. It is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you get your Jane Stickle quilt done, maybe you can whip up the quilt of tiny blocks?

      Delete
  5. I like the eagle. The fabric used for it is very pretty and interesting. I love Prussian blue. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the eagle is striking in that fabric! Pam Weeks did a nice Prussian Blue line for Newcastle a while back that had a nice shaded ombre to use for an eagle!

      Delete
  6. Won't make this exhibit so thank,you for sharing so many photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward the summer showing of the AQSG study quilts at NEQM where I will see Yours!

      Delete
  7. cyndi, as usual a lovely blog post with gorgeous photos....making me drool here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much to love here!
    That eagle took my breath away. So stunning!
    And I have to say, that "Little" quilt is unreal. You certainly captured it in your block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time will tell if I accomplish any more. I do have a collection started of 1" squares so it won't be hard to do the scrappy ones!

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful quilts.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love taking the photos and sharing! And thanks to NEQM for allowing me to share!!!

      Delete
  10. I think that's my favorite eagle ever--cool fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda makes you want to make one.....maybe just one? I might!

      Delete
  11. Fabulous!!!! Thanks for sharing these gorgeous photos Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there are still more to come! It's a wonder I did not wear my little camera out!

      Delete