Friday, October 8, 2010

This is a not-very-good photo of the whole quilt. Measures 51" x 64" and likely contains 3000 or so different fabrics.  You will laugh when I tell you this.......I first made the little quilt that has 63 squares and I quilted it with no batting, as the antique quilts often were.  Thinking that would be good for the larger quilt, I pin-basted it together (320 pins) and began quilting (no hoop, tho I usually use one).  Did not like the feel of the quilt (felt empty, not cuddly), so I took out the 320 pins, layered with Quilter's Dream Request batting, and re-pinned the 320 pins!!  Then I was happier with it!!  Photo is from MaineQuilts2010.  View all the quilts in the show here.

4 comments:

  1. just beautiful Cyndi!
    I LOVE It if you ever get tired of it you know where to send it.
    don't you love that quilters dream request batting?
    I do!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fabulous! Is the quilting only in the center square? I'm wondering because I made a crib sized top and had planned on quilting around all the logs (they are 1.5" fin.). Trying to learn from your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy, It's your friend Rhea here. I saw this quilt at the show and LOVED it. Can't wait to come and see you at the shop and get some more fabrics.

    XO,

    Rhea

    ReplyDelete