Wednesday, June 1, 2022

May Mini Quilt with Wendy

Can't believe it's been since January that I've finished a mini quilt!  Don't know what I've been doing!  Well, I do read more than I have for a long time!   And, I go to bed early now.....used to stay up until midnight stitching!  Anyway, I finished this block that @oldpatchart on Instagram offered a pattern for an old block she acquired, about 12" square .....I loved the colors so I made it!  Photo colors aren't as true as I would like..........it was fun to make after searching for browns.......I really need to do the gargantuan job of shelving my fabrics by color instead of by designer as I've always done.  Sounds like a good job for winter when it's cool upstairs!



Have another little quilt that I've been working on (from the cover of an old quilt book).....hope I can finish it for June!  Be sure to check out Wendy's blog for other mini quilts!

11 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Cyndi. It really has a vintage feel--in fact, at first glance I thought maybe you had done Lori's vintage block challenge. An excellent little quilt finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty little quilt. It can be hard sometimes to make colours like brown in to something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delightful mini quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute mini...I've found January is a good month to organize, something to look forward to ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice indeed...please disregard if dupe comments...just looked up quiltmania #132 and cover quilt you mentioned....oh my that IS a challenge but i know you are up for it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this. It's such an interesting block. And all the browns are quite lovely.
    I store my fabric by color (if it's small pieces) and designer (if I have large pieces). I just used up my Pam Kitty Morning fabric and am trying to use up American Jane. Those two just don't seem to mix with anything other than another piece from the same designer. Oh, and Fig Tree too. I don't buy that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! We must be thinking of each other! I made a mini for Lori's antique block challenge with the same madders. I adore yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little quilt is just lovely and looks so vintage with those sweet fabrics. I downloaded the pattern recently also, so it may appear in my mini quilts sometime this year. Hope you've had a great week
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so great - love the colors and I love the movement in the pattern!

    ReplyDelete