Monday, November 1, 2021

October Mini with Wendy

 Finally!  Finished my replica of an antique doll quilt I've seen kicking around the internet for a while!  Anyway....it was started in June but just couldn't find time to seek the fabrics I wanted to use.  I can sometimes remember What fabric I want to use but can't remember Where it is!  I spent far too much time seeking fabric and I hope I don't get that urge again!  After I had the quilt sandwiched, I found another fabric I liked better for the sashing but did not have the gumption to take it apart!  



This is the 1870 doll quilt I was copying.  No idea whose it is or I would give credit.  The block in the lower right is the one that gave me fits trying to match fabrics!




Now to decide on what to make for November!  First, tho, I need to make a few tablerunners/table toppers for the Church craft fair later this month.  Check out Wendy's blog "theconstantquilter" to see what others have made!



16 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I had to look back and forth to even be sure which one was the original, and which was your amazing reproduction! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I would say that you nailed those fabric choices perfectly. Why do we spend so much time searching for what we think is the right one, when our first choice is just fine?? I cannot believe I haven't seen the original on the internet anywhere, but I love it and yours is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments! I have had to change to Approval for comments as there are so many spam comments! An unbelievable number of spam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Cyndi, excellent reproduction! You did a great job finding just the right fabrics - which can be difficult and frustrating (I know ~ ). I had never seen that one (the original) which surprises me, as I peruse all the usual sources for such things. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent fabric choices....perfect match i'd say...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job you did reproducing the original! I'd say your fabrics search, while frustrating, was successful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your interpretation is right on. It's a wonderful mini.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better late than never. Your replica is beautiful and very close to the original. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny how we sometimes make so much work for ourselves. I have a few things in my sewing room that I know are there but they haven't surfaced yet. This turned out to be a sweet little doll quilt with all those tiny squares.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with the way you have the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first I didn't realize that the photos were of the two different quilts! You did a masterful job, Cyndi! I am super impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well your mini looks wonderful. You did a great job matching those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love your mini the repro feel is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete