Tuesday, June 1, 2021

May Mini with Wendy

 This month's Mini Quilt with Wendy is one that has been in the works for a Long Time, so I just decided to Finish It!  Looking at it now, other fabrics I own come to mind that might have been closer to the original.  Do you Second-Guess your choices as much as I do? I handquilted with the big stitch as it seemed appropriate for this piece.



Here's the original AND I found extra photos in another File!  I enjoy studying the old fabrics.  This was said to be from PA, looks like it might have been done by a child.  Some of the fabrics look pretty early!


This was said to be the back, but it looks too small!




   




Already know what I want to do for next month!  Another reproduction of an antique doll quilt!  Involves poison green.






10 comments:

  1. I think you've captured the spirit of the original quilt beautifully. The original does look as if it was stitched by a young hand, and was dearly loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an incredible job of replicating the vintage look and feel of that little quilt. I think your fabric choices really work well.
    That could be the back of the quilt, if you consider that the HSTs may just be bigger on the back. Love the fabric close-ups!
    Can't wait to see what you are dreaming up for your June mini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore it! I wouldn't change a single fabric in it. It is perfect! Can't wait to see it in person. I have linked you into the mini post. Hope to get up again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree that you have captured the style and essence of the original little quilt. I second guess myself all the time, but in reality it doesn't really matter. Great job. Can't wait to see some poison green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet and your rendition is at pretty as the original. Poison green? Looking forward to seeing that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty in all its scrappiness and I think you've really captured the look and feel of the original!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so charming!! Wonderful job replicating the original

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! It is so nice and you did a good job copying the original. It's a piece that just makes me feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. inspiration for the rest of us lovers of older fabrics and mini quilts

    ReplyDelete