Monday, March 1, 2021

February Mini Quilt with Wendy

 

Joining Wendy's Monthly Minis at Constant Quilter blog.

Well, not really That Mini because it is 18" square.  Thought about stopping at four blocks but didn't!  Might revisit that tho!  My quilt is based on a Pinterest photo I found a year or so ago and just loved.    Their 4-patches look to be about 2" but mine are 1"......love using the tiniest bits instead of throwing them away!  Someone else loved this quilt, too, and made her version of it.....Lori D of HumbleQuilts blog     Check it out!  Was not able to create links.....sorry.  



My quilt is machine-quilted hidden in the ditch as I am not a good machine quilter.  I may use the quilting as basting and handquilt........found a sweet little feather wreath that would work in the four squares!

And just this morning I found a quilt pattern I'd like to try for next month!  Love this not working business but will open the shop again in April IF the covid numbers stay down!


16 comments:

  1. Sweet little mini. There is so much interest with the diagonal setting. I think the feather wreath quilting would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fabulous! I love everything about it. If I know you, you will add hand quilting later but I love it just as it is. I certainly consider 18" a mini. Most of my monthly minis are really doll size quilts. I have quite a pile now since I wasn't able to donate to the auction last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Cyndi, I do love this setting for your 4-patch blocks! I used 1" finished 4-patches in my quilt for February, too. I think your hand quilted feathered wreaths would really look wonderful in the squares! But even simple diagonal lines continuing the trajectory of the 4-patch points would be a pretty finish, if you don't want to leave it "as is".
    I look forward to seeing what you put together for March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed a mini! I can't even wrap my brain around one inch four-patches! Some of us have minis that are nearly 40 inches, anything smaller than toddler quilt size, lol! Anyway your blocks and the pink setting squares are gorgeous together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have used the littlest bits. The pink setting is great and that feathered wreath design will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I guess I missed Wendy's blog about the monthly minis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a sweet mini and those four patches are sooo tiny! Love the pink setting. I hope you can smoothly reopen your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that really is mini....exquisite piecing there cyndi....hope to see you in april!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s awfully cute. Love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you had me at pink! this is so charming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. isn't that a great quilt?~ The setting is so simple and an easy setting to change up. I just saw this reproduced for a book too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Pressing tiny blocks can be challenging. Wonderful way to use your books twice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fingers crossed that you can reopen in April. Would love to add to the stash.

    ReplyDelete