Saturday, July 22, 2017

Scrap Box Winner

is Terry in PA!   Let me know your address and I will send it on its way!

Working on this whenever I had an hour or so in the sewing room  produced this finished "Morning Walk" top with Betsy Chutchian's fabric.


Also have Jo Morton club 16 small quilt ready to assemble!  I could make 4-patches all day long! These 4-patches are 1-1/2"...finished block a little over 4".


This is Jo's quilt but I am using the Jacobean floral stripe just because I have to!  Love that fabric in all 4 colorways!  



Quilting with my Half Hoop on a large Tumbler tablerunner using Jo's "Gratitude" and "Reflections".....I got this hoop about 29 years ago.....it's made of cherrywood and has served me well all these years even tho the $30 price of it floored me at the time!!  Correct tension (I like it it kinda loose) is easy to achieve even tho it is not adjustable.  I often use it for small quilts too.

On an entirely different note........I love to read but feel the need to do two things at once.....while I sew (and while I drive too!), I love to listen to audiobooks......in the sewing room, it is"The Lilac Girls" about three women from different parts of the world during WW2 (excellent first novel from author Martha Hall Kelly).  In the car, it is "Animal Farm" by George Orwell.....read it in 8th or 9th grade, but wanted to refresh my memory of it.  Waiting in the queue  is "Apollyn", #5 from Tim LaHaye's Left Behind series (don't know how I missed this 20 or so years ago, but I did!!) and "1984" by Orwell.  Anyone have any titles they've enjoyed lately?


17 comments:

  1. You have such lovely projects! Those 4 patches are wonderful. I like the pink fabric around them and that floral stripe is going to be gorgeous! Morning walk looks so summery and Betsy's fabrics are beautiful. Your half hoop looks like such a good idea - enjoying your stitching :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please be sure to show us the 4 patch quilt when it is finished -- it is going to be beautiful with that floral stripe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Jacobean stripe is so wonderful. What a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the low contrast on Morning Walk. The fabrics seem to softly blend together. Thst Jacobean strip is great pick. It adds some great interest to the simple center.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just listened to "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. A perfectly wonderful book! I found myself taking the long way home because I didn't want to stop listening. The narrator is top notch too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I REALLY can't wait to be there at your shop again next week!! I'll give you lots of audible ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each one of your projects brings a smile to my face.
    Love your stripe of choice on the "Jo" quilt.
    Wonder what you'd have to pay to get a hoop like that today?
    Oh, Randy is coming to see you again? How fun--and I am jealous. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely quilt projects...i too read lilac girls and it was a good book...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your "Morning Walk" is beautiful. I may have to make on after all! Love those little Jo blocks. Can't wait to come up on Thursday. I haven't read any Orwell for years. I think I read 1984 in 1972!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors in the tumbler runner! I guess I will have to check those out the next time I come down to the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pieces you're working on! Love the 4 patches with the floral border! Yummy! And 'Animal Farm' was a category on Jeopardy the other night....couldn't recall a thing....I guess I need to read it again! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your projects are great but especially "Morning Walk." Have always loved the yellow and blue color combo.
    Pat
    Waterford
    quiltroom@myfairpoint.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that border fabric, makes me want to do a lone star using that border. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!
    Thanks for sharing
    ผลบอลพรีเมียร์ลีก

    ReplyDelete