Monday, June 21, 2010

Little Quilts


Here are two little quilts that I enjoyed making.  The Log Cabin logs are 1/4" and 4 on a side.  Inspired by a couple quilts seen at the Wenham Museum, Wenham MA.  This little quilt is made from the leftover blocks from a larger quilt that will be ready to be seen soon!  I have started to make blocks again for another one with 3/8" logs that will allow room to handquilt.  Took me nearly 5 years to make 380 blocks and assemble the quilt tops!!  I always have lots of things in the works......will never be bored!  One of these days I plan to show some of them.......heard recently from two different sources that one should try to make just one block per day!  Excellent Theory!    The 9-patch quilt was inspired by a Jo Morton club pattern......she made 3 little quilts with the 1.5" Nine Patches but I wanted to do a bit larger one so just kept making blocks until I ran out of the leftovers I was using from a very colorful Broken Dishes quilt top.

No comments:

Post a Comment